Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Alright, this is the fourth post today.... that's crazy, but I've been bored, so I thought I might as well.

First, I'm going to give The Hobbit Trailer a real review.

One of the best things I like in the book, is Gollum.  Although Gollum isn't funny in the books (at least, I don't think so) he's a very interesting character.  What I like about him best in the Lord of the Rings trilogy, is that he's funny, countless times he's made me laugh, I don't really know why, but he's funny.  From what I can tell in the trailer, Gollum seems just as funny (and creepy) as ever.  :D

I hope in the movies, that Thorin Oakenshield is presented right.  The trailer looked okay, but to me Thorin always seemed mean, but yet at the end when he ***SPOILER ALERT*** is killed, you feel really sad, that was one of the few books I cried in  ***END SPOILER***.  Balin is a really cool character, I hope they represent him correctly in the movie too.  Bombur, I suspect is going to be one of the main sources of entertainment, as he was in the book.  Many of the other dwarves in the book weren't really created to deeply, they were mentioned, but to be frank, they weren't really developed.  So, I hope to see that in the movie.

One thing that concerns me is Legolas.  I would like him to be in it, but I wouldn't like him to be in it to much, thus changing it from the book.  Legolas was, yes, my favorite character in the Lord of the Rings, yet I wouldn't like it if he spoiled the Hobbit.

I bet that the Hobbit will have a lot of "LOL"ing to go along with it, just the trailers are hilarious, of course they put funny parts in the trailers, but I bet there will be some funny part in the movie.

I don't know how many of you (the two of you I mean) have seen the behind the scenes of the Hobbit, I have to admit, I'm impressed.  The sets, wow, fore example, Dale, in one of the behind the scenes, they showed a quick tour of Dale.  It was MASSIVE!  Peter Jackson said that it was rivaling Minas Tirith and Helm's Deep in size.

Still, one thing about Dale is that in the book, I had this imagine of a destroyed, desolate town, and unless they do major changes (setting fire to it, blowing it up, and other fun stuff) it won't look destroyed at all.

Hobbiton!  Whoa!  I can hardly believe there is a real Hobbiton now!  That concludes that sometime in my life, I just have to go to New Zealand.  :D

Farewell!

No comments:

Post a Comment