Monday, November 19, 2012

What has NaNo done to me???

Certain figures this month aren't quite matching up... not as well as I would like them anyway.

Yup, I'm talking about NaNoWriMo.  It's hard work, but I've discovered a lot about my writing style, my characters, and, yes, even myself... although I'm not sure what I found out about myself... :P  Probably something.

I am SOOOOO excited for my NaNo sequel, because that means:  I GET TO WRITE MORE ABOUT MY CHARACTERS!!! WAHOOOO!!!

Lol, but it is fun, and as I introduced two new characters yesterday, I thought this is going to be so fun to write a series on.  Why?  You would be thinking the same thing if you ever met Wedgewink, the funniest Darduffle of them all.

You don't know what a Darduffle is?  Okay... let this explain.


With long, brown ears that flopped back, a hairless head, and long, knotted nose, Wedgewink presented a comical form just looking at one aspect.  He also had large, puffing-out brown eyes, that had strained, blue marks coming across them.
       His light brown skin was covered in, at one time, fine clothes, which Wedgewink had preferred to ruin by jumping in mud puddles with joy, and of course for that, he gained a shout or two, or three, or four, or five, or… well, you get the picture.  Wedgewink’s thin body was all the more small after his perfectly round head.  It narrowed down to the mere bones, and his knees always seemed to be bent, adding to his shortness of only four and a half feet.

So, have a image in your mind?  Or are you just thinking that I went crazy?  Probably the result of NaNo, after all, whoever heard of a Darduffle...?  Or, especially, a Darduffle named Wedgewink?  Believe it or not, those names I made up as I was writing them, along with another two character's names.  I seem to do that a lot... :P

No comments:

Post a Comment